Who to consult to correct non-filing?

Home Fairmark Forum Other Tax Topics Who to consult to correct non-filing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #77529
    Tom Stewart – 2

    I just learned that a family member did not file her federal taxes for 2020 (would have been a refund, she thinks) and, because she realized that shortly before filing deadline for 2021, did not file for 2021 either.  Complicating matters is she was a 7-month resident of Ohio in 2021 and then a 5-month resident of New York.

    She’d like to fix this mess.  While I could probably help her with 2020 if I knew where to find 2020 forms, income in two states for 2021 is beyond my limited knowledge.  Is this something she could go to Jackson Hewitt or H&R Block?  Or does she need to consult a CPA?

    Thanks in advance for any thoughts.



    As an Retired EA, H&R Block Employee, AARP Tax Aide I can tell you

    that any of them should easily be able to file the returns. As the season

    for AARP is over for a free return, you could find a Block office open in your local area. As you are sure that refunds will be due you do not have to

    worry about penalties. After the April 15th date, my experience is that mostly more experienced Tax Preparers staff the offices so you should OK.




    Tom Stewart – 2

    Thanks so much, Jim.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other Tax Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.