Which line on Form 1040 to enter amount of 403(b) => Roth IRA?

Home Fairmark Forum Retirement Savings and Benefits Which line on Form 1040 to enter amount of 403(b) => Roth IRA?


Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • #76204

    I had a rollover / Roth conversion from my tax-deferred 403(b) (TIAA) to my Roth IRA last year.

    1) I understand it will be taxed, but where (which line) do I enter this amount on the Form 1040? Or do I need an additional form–if so, which form?

    2) Does such rollover/conversion count toward the income limit for Roth IRA contribution?

    Alan S.

    1) No additional form needed – report the 1099R on line 5a of Form 1040 with the taxable amount on 5b. Enter “rollover” next to 5b.

    2) No. Determination of your MAGI for Roth contribution purposes does not count this Roth rollover. It is subtracted from your AGI for Roth regular contribution purposes.


    Thank you very much, Alan. That’s good to know.
    (this is related to something you helped me with earlier: https://fairmark.com/forum/topic/403b-roth-ira-after-age-59-1-2/)
    Happy New Year!

    Diane silva

    It’s true that some studies have shown certain video games can improve hand–eye coordination, problem-solving skills, and the mind’s ability to process information. But too much video game playing may cause problems. … A good game will be the right one for how old you are.


    online gaming describes any computer game that gives on-line interactions with different players. Video games accustomed be classified by {an on-line|a web|an internet} Content PEGI descriptor to indicate whether or not they were online or not. However, as most games currently give on-line interactions this distinction is not any longer used.

    • This reply was modified 3 days, 10 hours ago by Emmasigh.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.