Tagged: Coolest data visualization
April 18, 2021 at 3:01 pm #23118deedee8712Participant
All facts point to the IRS not processing or receiving my nephew’s 2019 tax return. The tax due was paid online. What should he do about it? How can he confirm it was received/processed?
1) Nephew e-filed 2018 Federal tax return in April 2019 and received a direct deposited refund as expected. His address remains the same since.
2) Nephew received the first Federal stimulus payment ($1200) via direct deposit in April 2020.
3) Nephew mailed paper copies of 2019 Federal income tax and state income tax in June 2020. He owed Federal tax and was due a refund for state.
4) Nephew paid 2019 Federal income tax due online on 6/26/20. He has an email receipt and the amount was deducted from his checking account.
5) Nephew received his 2019 state income tax refund via direct deposit a few weeks after he mailed his return.
6) Nephew did not receive the second ($600) nor the third ($1400) Federal stimulus payment.
7) Nephew attempted to e-file his 2020 Federal income taxes in April 2021. It was rejected because the 2019 AGI did not match.
8) Nephew tried to access the IRS tax transcript retrieval phone system but it hung up when he entered the house number of his home address.
9) Nephew tried to access the IRS tax transcript retrieval web system but it rejected the house number of his home address.
10) In April 2021, nephew attempted to e-file his 2019 Federal income tax return (one year late) under the assumption it was not received/processed and he owed no taxes. The e-file was not allowed because the filing was outside of the legal e-file date window.
11) Nephew re-attempted to e-file his 2020 Federal income taxes on 4/11/21. He entered 2019 AGI of zero. The IRS accepted this filing.April 21, 2021 at 4:36 pm #24477deedee8712Participant
By the way he already knows that he can apply for an IRS account, but the online documentation claims one needs debt to verify one’s identity. He does not have any of these debts. The IRS web site claims there are alternatives but they do not really exist.
“To verify your identity, we will need a number from ONE of your financial accounts. We can use any of the following:
* Last 8 digits of Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit card OR
* Student loan OR
* Mortgage or home equity loan OR
* Home equity line of credit OR
* Auto loan”April 21, 2021 at 7:54 pm #24545ruthParticipant
I’d file a second copy clearly marked “duplicate” along with a letter explaining the efforts to verify the initial filing and a copy of the email receipt for the balance due. I don’t know what else you can do.June 16, 2021 at 6:17 am #61183paulfinch808Participant
Visualization is key in representing data. It makes your data stand out, influences your audience, and helps make important business decisions. Coolest data visualization is a visual art form that represents facts and statistics in a way that captures the audience’s attention.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.