TY 2020 Tax Filing Deadline for IRS Form 1041 for a Personal Trust?

Home Fairmark Forum Other Tax Topics TY 2020 Tax Filing Deadline for IRS Form 1041 for a Personal Trust?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryan1
    Participant

What is the filing deadline date for filing IRS Form 1041 for the 2020 tax year?

Has it been extended to May 17th or is it still April 15th. If you happen to know the deadline for the New York IT-205 that can get you bonus points. I assume it’s the same but not sure. 🙂

Thank you.

Kaye Thomas

IRS has not extended the deadline for Form 1041. Briefly poking around the website of the NYS Department of Taxation and Finance, I didn’t find any guidance on deadline extensions, but it seems unlikely they would have extended this state deadline when the federal extension doesn’t apply.

Kaye Thomas

Note, I haven’t checked whether an extension for this form may be available based on specific circumstances, such as if the trustee or the return preparer has been ill with covid. My previous message is based on guidance about the general deadline, which was extended for forms in the 1040 series (and related forms), but not for other forms such as partnership, corporation or fiduciary forms.

Ryan1
    Participant

Thank you for that. It confirms what I have heard. I was not aware of it until now, but fortunately these returns should be ready by April 15.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Ryan1.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.