Still waiting for my Fed tax refund-over 3 months

Home Fairmark Forum Other Tax Topics Still waiting for my Fed tax refund-over 3 months

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    b1_lee
    Participant

I mailed my 2019 Fed & state paper tax refund on 07/13/20 at local post office. Usually, I received my fed tax refund way before my state refund via direct deposit. This year I received my state refund more than 1 month ago. I checked multiple time via 800# where is my fed refund & recording said no record found. It has been more than 3 months, I am concern what happened to it.

Is there a special #/unit I can call for help?

Should I file again? But, I don’t have W-2 any more as I filed with paper return before.

Should I file paper return again or use fillable forms. Never used it before & know nothing about it.

Appreciate your advice. Many thanks.

ruth
    Participant

Do NOT file another return. The IRS received about 5 million pieces of mail during the Covid shut down and is processing them in the order received. I filed in May and haven’t received my refund. You can check the status of the return at https://www.irs.gov/refunds. You won’t get any information until they’ve processed your return. I’d check once every couple of weeks.

dienerte
    Participant

As Ruth said in her response, do not file another return. Your return undoubtedly is tied up amongst millions of paper filed returns and will take months to get processed. And for the future, always retain a full copy of your return for three years after due date and that includes copies of all supporting documents.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by dienerte.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.