Reporting Capital Gains for Shares sold Consiting of Multiple Lots

Home Fairmark Forum Taxation of Investments Reporting Capital Gains for Shares sold Consiting of Multiple Lots

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    haroldml
    Participant

Kenohe answered this where I mistaknely posted my question for which I apologize. At the time, I couldn’t figure out how to post this question in the “Tazation of Investments” Location. He suggested that, for the future, I post in more appropriate locations since it will be seen by more people.

I received 51 shares of AdvnaSix stock as a result of a Honeywell Spi-off. I recently sold those shares but they consist of fur separate lots with a different cost basis for each lot. When I receive the check in payment for those shares, it will be for all of the 51 shares. How do I report the cost basis for those four different lots?

Thanks for your help,

HML

haroldml
    Participant

I hope that this is seen soon. Please help me find Kenohe’s answer. I’m trying to file my taxes & my notes are unclear & I don’t want ma make a mistake.

Thank you

kaneohe
    Participant

Reporting Capital Gain for Stock Sale that Contains Several Lots

I found it! ………not w/ sophisticated google search but by asking myuself where the most improbable posting would have been………

Springipliem
    Participant

You will get over it… P1s are for chavs and slap heads. You will not regret the WR1 It grows on you I love ours more now than when we first got it

Lewis-H
    Participant

When you decide to sell a portion of your holdings in a stock, you have to decide which shares you actually want to sell. Two of the most common methods used in this decision are known as FIFO and LIFO, and the choice you make can have a big impact on your taxes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.