My post just disappears.

Home Fairmark Forum Our Website My post just disappears.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wanttoknow
    Participant

I posted to the thread “1099-R on Roth IRA annuity payment” in Retirement Savings and Benefits, and then edited it. When I submitted the edit, my entire post simply disappeared. I tried several times to re-submit the post, to no avail, and the last time I got a message saying it is a duplicate. But it never shows up.

Kaye Thomas

This type of problem has to do with the way web pages are cached, either on your computer or on intermediate servers between the ones used for this website and yours. Your post didn’t disappear, it just ceased to be viewable in your browser. You should see it if you wait a while. It may (or may not) help to try accessing it through a different browser or different hardware (cell phone vs. computer), or just use an incognito window.

wanttoknow
    Participant

Thanks, Kaye.

Can you see it yourself? I posted it just before my post addressed specifically to Alan asking if he could see it – in Retirement Savings and Benefits.

Kaye Thomas

Well, I could see many posts from you and didn’t know which one you meant, but assumed that if you can’t post because it’s a duplicate, it must have gone through. Possibly there’s a weird glitch in the software that was somehow triggered by your editing. At this point I understand you worked around the problem by altering your post to avoid having it treated as a duplicate. Sorry you had this problem.

wanttoknow
    Participant

I asked Alan if he could see the post that was invisible to me, and he said he couldn’t see it either. Then I re-sent the post in its altered form.

Spiffs
    Participant

This happened to me after re-editing my post, as well–just saw a tiny notification that it had been marked as spam. I re-posted it with a new topic, so the previous submissions marked as spam after the second edit (this is a bug, maybe?) can be disregarded.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.