California Slow to Mail Tax Forms?

Home Fairmark Forum Other Tax Topics California Slow to Mail Tax Forms?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KAWill
    Participant

I ordered Tax Booklets and Forms online in January. The order was accepted and they said to allow up to 10 days to receive the forms.

I finally gave up after nearly 6 weeks and sent in another order. Both orders were eventually received but took close to 8 weeks. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

kaneohe
    Participant

sadly, this is my normal experience w/ both Fed/CA each yr for the past
    5? yrs or more. You hate to double order but you can’t be sure they received the original one. In addition CA website claims some forms
    (Sch P/Sch S) don’t exist although they eventually arrived.

Some yrs you want to get started earlier so I have used prior yr forms marked up to reflect the current yr and there is so much writing, I don’t want to rewrite (for fear of errors) when the forms do arrive.

KAWill
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. It’s quite disappointing to see such slow service.

I miss the days when tax booklets arrived in the mail quite early from both the IRS and California!

Lewis-H
    Participant

It’s tax season, which means it’s also tax-scam season. … In California, the war on tax fraud is delaying some refunds. Most state income tax refunds “are arriving within 12 business days for taxpayers who file electronically and request direct deposit,” the Franchise Tax Board said Wednesday.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.