Reply To: Whether to file 6251

Home Fairmark Forum Other Tax Topics Whether to file 6251 Reply To: Whether to file 6251


You may need to file Form 6251 if you have specific AMT items. If you need to report any of the following items on your tax return, you must file Form 6251, Alternative Minimum Tax, even if you do not owe AMT. Home mortgage interest on a loan that you did not use to buy, build or improve your home.
Married filing jointly: $83,400
Married filing separately: $41,700
Head of Household: $53,600