Reply To: Reporting Capital Gain for Stock Sale that Contains Several Lots

Home Fairmark Forum Our Website Reporting Capital Gain for Stock Sale that Contains Several Lots Reply To: Reporting Capital Gain for Stock Sale that Contains Several Lots

haroldml
Participant

Identifying the acquisition dates of the original Honeywell shares is rather difficult. I think that I probably have that information going back to the 1970s as I bought them as part of an emplyuee stock option plan when I worked there, bought on four different occasions. But that Honywell company no longer exists & was replaced by Hoeywell International when it acquired Allied Signal (or vice versa). So, I don’t know which dates to use. I didn’t know that Various would be correct on the 8949 for long term capital gains but, apprently, that’s OK & would solve a lot of problems in identifying the actual purchase dates.

Yes, I sold all or the 51 shares at the same time. I was offered two options for those AdvanSix shares since this is an odd lot: Buy 49 additonal shares or sell all of the 51 shares, so I chose to sell all of them.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help me. Much appreciated.

HML