Reply To: Foreign Tax Credit

Home Fairmark Forum Taxation of Investments Foreign Tax Credit Reply To: Foreign Tax Credit


Will you be getting the credit under the simplified method or will you be using F116? Under the simplified method, you get a generous break…….the FT back,no questions asked. If you use F1116, the effective rate will be a blend of 12% on the ordinary income and 0 for the QDIV/CG income so somewhere in between.