Reply To: Incorrect coding after 1035 on inherited non-qualified annuity with RMD

Home Fairmark Forum Retirement Savings and Benefits Incorrect coding after 1035 on inherited non-qualified annuity with RMD Reply To: Incorrect coding after 1035 on inherited non-qualified annuity with RMD

DTASFAB
Participant

There has never been a shortfall in the actual distributed amounts. MetLife never made this error, and the first year Nationwide held the contract and I had to request a distribution from Nationwide was 2018.

They never even notified me of any 2018 RMD because they initially had the contract coded as a standard non-inherited non-qualified after-tax annuity.

I took the 2018 distribution in the correct amount and that distribution has since been recoded correctly as a death distribution.

The 2019 RMD amount has been adjusted upward by approximately $9 to reflect the change in the divisor from 43.6 to 43.4. I will wait until the stock market recovers a little more to take the 2019 RMD, maybe at the end of this month.