Withholding, Estimates and Extensions

Use these links to get forms and pubs for withholding, payment of estimated tax and extensions of time to file.

This page provides links to get forms and publications you may need if you receive income from outside the U.S., or if you are a non-U.S. taxpayer. There are two lists below:

  • Forms
  • IRS Publications


Estimated Tax for Individuals
Form & Instructions
Form 2210 Underpayment of Estimated Tax
Form  Instructions
Form 4868 Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File
Form & Instructions
Now provides a six-month extension in place of the old four-month extension.

IRS Publications

Pub 505 Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax
Pub 919 How Do I Adjust My Tax Withholding?

Our books

Free Online Guides

Equity Compensation

Compensation in Stock and Options

Taxation of Investments

Capital Gains

Mutual Funds