AMT and Equity Compensation
Alternative minimum tax, nonqualified stock options, incentive stock options and other forms of equity compensation.
Posted by: aaronjones33149, January 21, 2016 06:38AM

Re: Amend to show proper AMT credit carryforward?
Posted by: Kaye Thomas, January 30, 2016 05:57PM
Strictly speaking there is no requirement to amend the return. However, when you fill out your Form 8801 for 2015 it will ask for the amounts appearing on various lines on your 2014 forms. If you haven't amended the 2014 forms, you'll have to insert the numbers that should have appeared there instead of the numbers that actually appeared there, and attach an explanation with details of the recalculated figures. Filing an amended return is the cleaner approach and may end up being less hassle.

Kaye Thomas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.