Other Tax Questions
Questions and comments on other topics covered in Fairmark.com, such as UTMA accounts, and any tax questions that don't fit our other categories.
Posted by: jlehrer, August 17, 2017 12:53AM
A taxpayer previously worked in CT while residing in PA. The taxpayer was laid off from the CT corporation and receives unemployment payments from CT. CT is withholding Federal and State taxes.

Are these payments taxable in CT (CT-1040NR/PY) or PA? I am finding conflicting information online.

Thank you,


Re: unemployment
Posted by: ruth, August 17, 2017 03:59AM
The 2016 CT-1040 NR/PY instructions state that CT source income for a nonresident of CT includes "Unemployment compensation received from the Connecticut
Department of Labor." PA does not tax unemployment compensation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.