Other Tax Questions
Questions and comments on other topics covered in Fairmark.com, such as UTMA accounts, and any tax questions that don't fit our other categories.
Software caused problem Shall I send 1040 with error to e-file
Posted by: Hankj, April 11, 2017 11:51PM
My H & R Block program doesn't allow for showing Qualified Charitable Distributions without doing an "override" 15a $ amount and 15b 0 QCD. Accordting the "help" With overriding H & R says I have to print & mail the copies to IRS. The program shows (32 pages)
Question: Will it cause a big problem if I ignore the QCD (1099R) & 15 a/15b since it doesn't affect my bottom line taxes. and just not record and then file by e-file and afterwards file an amended return which shows the error?
Thanks

Re: Software caused problem Shall I send 1040 with error to e-file
Posted by: ruth, April 12, 2017 02:33AM
I did a QCD using the HRB software and didn't have to override. Be sure to scroll down the 1099-R worksheet and answer the QCD questions (Section F under IRA Distributions).

Posted by: Hankj, April 12, 2017 12:42PM
I will try that - I called the help tax line and their help software line and neither knew anything about QCD I'll try the Section F under IRA distributions I didn't see that.

Posted by: Hankj, April 12, 2017 03:36PM
It Worked!! I had tried everything. No one at H & R Block phone or chat knew how to do this in their software. At least I can now file by e-file rather than paper copy of everything. I so much appreciate the information!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.