Capital Gains and Losses
Questions and comments about tax rules for buying and selling stocks, mutual funds, real estate and other assets.
Irs Form 926
Posted by: chips, April 9, 2017 10:25PM
I am a US citizen, and bought and sold a few units (~$1000 total) of a major Canadian MLP. The purchase and sale was done, as usual, thru my U.S. Broker.

When the Partnership sent out its K1 form, it also sent instructions for filling out Form 926 "Return by a US Transferor of Property to a Foreign Corporation".

My question is: Do I really need to file that 926 Form?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.