Non-Tax Questions and Comments
Questions or comments about our forum software or this web site in general.
Format of Page
Posted by: tomd37, March 26, 2011 02:26PM
Kaye,

Have you or your staff ever given consideration to moving "Options: Mark All Messages Read" from the bottom of the page to the top of the page?

The reason for my inquiry is that if I don't want to read any of the unread posts I have to scroll down to the bottom to mark them read. As a reader throughout the day it would be much easier to mark posts as read. Just a thought!

Tom D.

your pinkie
Posted by: jainen, March 26, 2011 03:15PM
>>ever given consideration to moving "Options: Mark All Messages Read"<<

Kaye did address this question several years ago, though I don't recall the technical reason. You can move to the bottom of the page in less than one click, by simply touching the "End" key with your pinkie.

Re: Format of Page
Posted by: tomd37, March 26, 2011 04:28PM
Yes, I don't remember the response then, but think it was right after they set up the new format. My little finger would have to be extended another three inches to reach over to the "End" key on my keyboard while keeping my other fingers in position on the keyboard. I was surprised when I recently shopped for a new keyboard that some key's positions can vary on keyboards.

Tom D.

old boy
Posted by: jainen, March 26, 2011 05:47PM
>>keeping my other fingers in position on the keyboard<<

I'm sorry to inform you, old boy, that we all gave up "touch typing" when we stuck the Smith-Corona in the back of the closet. Welcome to "texting" in the 21st Century!

Re: Format of Page
Posted by: tomd37, March 26, 2011 07:34PM
Smith-Corona must have come later! All we had in 1952 were Underwood and maybe a Remington Rand or two "slam the carriage manuals"...but they served me well. "Texting" is going to lead to arthiritis for many people in 30 years or so.

Tom D.

down to the bottom
Posted by: jainen, March 28, 2011 01:06AM
>>keeping my other fingers in position on the keyboard<<

Please explain how you do that while you "scroll down to the bottom."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.