Non-Tax Questions and Comments
Questions or comments about our forum software or this web site in general.
How does a debt management program help me?
Posted by: pluto999, December 24, 2010 10:10AM
Hello Everyone,
I am thinking of enrolling for a debt management program.Please tell how it is helpful.If anyone has experience of it..?

Re: How does a debt management program help me?
Posted by: Art, December 24, 2010 05:50PM
Please do not reply.

This was posted recently and the answers given there should suffice.

[fairmark.com]

Posted by: Alan S., December 27, 2010 06:29PM
Just be very careful who you use. There are many shysters practicing in the debt management areas. You could be left with your debts and be stuck with their fees as well.

But if you find a good, honest firm, they can probably help you. Just be careful.

Posted by: debtbet, December 29, 2010 10:16AM
A debt management program can help you organize debts and finances in such a way that you can make regular monthly payments and also save money, which can in turn help you become debt-free soon. Debt management programs are usually offered by debt experts such as [www.debtburst.com]. They help you with suggestions on how to handle your debts. Here is an interesting article that can clearly explain how a debt management program can be helpful: [ezinearticles.com]

Posted by: retaffaa, December 29, 2010 04:12PM
Alan's response here and my response on Pluto999's other post on the same subject warns about companies like the one touted by responder "debtbet". Don't fall for the outlandish promises.

RELIABLE debt managing companies are named by many bankruptcy attornies and prior use of one (recognized by the courts) is a requirement of Bankruptcy courts here in Iowa.

If I had any money, I'd bet most of it on the fact that "debtbet" has a financial connection to his recommended website.

Posted by: Tom Stewart, December 31, 2010 04:15PM
<<RELIABLE debt managing companies are named by many bankruptcy attornies and prior use of one (recognized by the courts) is a requirement of Bankruptcy courts here in Iowa.>>

I believe that the requirement is part of the federal bankruptcy act so it would apply nationwide. I suggest checking with the bankruptcy court clerk in the federal courthouse in your area for a list of approved debt counseling companires.

Posted by: Tonyridley, December 13, 2013 07:09AM
Debt management advice is a wider term that offers three ways debt management, debt consolidation, and debt negotiation for wiping off the debts.

Posted by: Sven, December 22, 2013 09:22PM
Think about using Wiss & Company. I believe they still make high end scissors. Buy a pair and cut up all your credit cards except your most useful one. Having one credit care and using it responsibly is always one of the first key steps in any debt management program.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.