Fairmark.com publishes plain language books on taxes and investing and is the leading independent publisher of tax news and guidance on the internet. Our goal is to provide reliable, understandable, unbiased, up-to-date information that will help people with investment decisions and tax planning and compliance. We started this website in 1998 and published our first book in 2000. We operate from Elgin, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago.
We chose the name Fairmark to highlight fairness and accuracy as goals for the material we publish.
Our books for general audiences are written in a direct, informal style that makes them easy for a novice to read, yet they are authoritative enough to be used by a tax professional or investment advisor:
- That Thing Rich People Do, a plain language explanation of the key principles of investing.
- Consider Your Options, a book for individuals who receive stock options and other forms of equity compensation.
- Capital Gains, Minimal Taxes, a book for investors who buy and sell stocks, mutual funds and options.
- Go Roth!, a book explaining Roth IRAs and Roth accounts in 401k and 403b plans.
We also offer one professional text:
- Equity Compensation Strategies, a book for professionals who offer advice on how to handle stock options and other forms of equity compensation.
New editions of these books are published as needed to keep them current with tax laws and other developments. They can be purchased from Amazon.com and other booksellers.
Our website offers a wealth of free resources, including tax tips, news, extensive online guides on selected topics, easy access to IRS forms and publications, and the best tax message board on the Internet.
Kaye Thomas is the author of the material on this website and the books offered by Fairmark Press. His writing draws on many years of experience as a tax lawyer, but he now spends most of his time as an author, consultant and public speaker.
details: About the Author
We welcome inquiries from companies interested in advertising here.
details: Contact Us